Monday, October 29, 2012 at 3:42PM
This big beer was brewed in Brewing TV - Episode 71: Hop Madness 2012. Drink some of it young, but set some aside as well. Wyeast 9097 Old Ale Blend will change the character of the beer for months or years to come.
AUSSIE OCTOBER ALE
For 5 gallons @ OG: 1.096
- 12.6 lbs Maris Otter Liquid Malt Extract
- 2 lbs Corn Sugar
- 2 oz Australian Topaz (16.5% AA ) @ 60 min
- 1 oz Australian Topaz (16.5% AA) @ 10 min
- 1 oz Australian Stella (15.0% AA) @ 10 min
- 2 oz Australian Stella (15.0% AA) @ 5 min
*Pinch of gypsum @ 10 min
Add LME and sugar to 2.5 gallons of water and bring to boil.
Add hops at times noted.
Ended up with 5.5 gallons of OG 1.066 (23.5 BRIX) wort.
Pitched three packets of Wyeast 9097 Old Ale Blend
Chip | Comments Off |